Sunday, February 8, 2009

rest in peace

Yasmeen, may you rest in peace. This news will gradually set in. Everything will be fine for us, for your family, for all your friends, & of course, your cats.


She was such a bubbly girl. The one with the loudest laughter. The one who everybody likes, everybody admired. So playful, yet so down to earth. She knew what she had to do when things happened. A primary school buddy, playmate.
When you always shout michelle COLD instead of michelle KOH,
when you scream michelle coco-krunch & start laughing at yourself,
when you snout with your laughters,
when you scream and laugh at the same time,
when you always give us that grin when you do or say something wrong,
when you always said you love your momo, papa, & everybody in the world,
when we always go to ur place after remedial classes,
when we jump on ur bed,
when we spoil ur bed countless times & fix it back again,
when we always go to your place with you tempting us with your momo's nasi lemak,
when you sit at your dining table to eat those tapioca when ur mom is not home,
when we challenged pin-ball,
when we always head to Parkway after classes to get bubble tea at momo tea,
when we always commented on how soft, how chewy the pearls are at momo tea,
when you force those raw tapioca into our mouth,
when we went to ur house & you will stop me from shaking your doll-house when I wanted to create a man-made earthquake,
when we unhook each other bras (It was the in-thg back then. Haig Girls' Sch, a girls' sch.)
when we climbed those toilet walls to 'peep',
when we performed that graduation dance with many trainings,
when we had a family & i was ur 'husband'.
I rmb shameeta as our mother, rilla the eldest son, tamara the 2nd, tasia the 3rd, winda the forth. We even had 2 daughter-in-laws. Shirley and Shirin. Souzanne was our grandma. The rest Shaza, Mavis, Farah, NurTaib...I cant recall.
Though it was all primary school fun, but those fun we had, will always be in our heart. Yasmeen, you will be missed.

It's all too sudden. The news broke when I was online, chatting happily when Mavis came to chat with me. I thought it was another 'primary school gathering'. But no. When those words "she just passed away" appeared, i replied immediately, "WTF". People who knows me, I dont use these 'vocabularies'. She is barely 20. But such tragedy. & then she said it happened this afternoon, and some rushed to the hospital but it was too late. She was pronounced dead at 2.45pm.

I couldnt sleep yesterday.
& when I opened my eyes, it was already 1.10pm. I set my alarm at 7am, planning to reach sch at 8am for gym & training before heading to her place for her funeral.
Cabbed down & I was too late. I didnt even get to see her for the last time. This is a totally different feeling.
When my relatives passed away, I will never want to see. Yes, I'm scrared. For I dont know what. The 1st & my last time seeing a dead body was my grandma's. & I can clearly rmb the way she looked. Although calm, but she was so pale & thin & frail. My heart sank. & I was only 4.
The night before, I was still thinking - how will I react if I were to witness the whole procedure? But when I reached, I kinda regretted not turning up early. The only thing I saw, was her wrapped body; & then placed into the coffin.
The others said she looked fine. There werent any scars or wounds. She was smiling gently.
We left soon after she was carried into the bus. When the bus left, I couldnt stop holding my tears back anymore. I held on all the while.

She's the only child of her mother. She has a step-mum. Those who know her knows how much she loves her cats. I rmb she had 2 or 3 of them. She was at home with her dad. Seeing that birds are flying near her windows, she was afraid that her cats would jump at them. She was very close with her parents, especially her mum. She called and told her mum about it & that her window grills were spoiled. Her dad saw her taking a stool & some rope walked into her room. Moments later, he heard her daughter's scream. Yasmeen was an extrovert. She was never in silence. He thought her daughter saw some insects, but didnt get to see her when he went into her room. Seeing those windows opened wide, he rushed & looked down, & ran down to see her body. She was still concious.
When rushed to the hospital, she was able to identify herself. She pressed on for about 2.5 hours. She did not bleed as she landed on the grass. But she stays on the 9th storey. Can't imagine those internal injuries. Being able to identify herself and the others, it was presumed that she didnt land head first.
She tried to either fix it or make a rope-made grill, to prevent her cats from catching those birds.
I'll be fine. Cos andra says that god loves her more. So the rest of you, we'll just let this news set in. We will still continue our primary school gatherings though she was always the organiser(:

Met him & we caught Underworld at cine. Yet another vampire VS werewolve movie. Nice. & we found a very nice place to stargaze(:
That spiderman thing:p
Cya later for gym & swim. Nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment